Wednesday 16 April 2008

Victim 1: ConcernedInquirer

This is a new blog I've started with the aim purely to expose Internet 'trolls'.   Rather than cluttering up my main blog about Pat Condell. Wikipedia has a great definition of a troll:
someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
My only extension to this definition would be somebody who actually does want to contribute, and who does believe what they are saying, but who refuses to change their opinion, or admit defeat on a even small point, even when the bulk of evidence is stacked against them.

YouTube user ConcernedInquirer falls into the latter category.  This guy has the opinion that Islam is bad.  MMMMkaaaay?  And despite my politeness, despite me countering each of his points, and despite his obvious lack of knowledge about Islam, he still refuses to concede defeat on any point.

The guy turned rude, so I blocked him from my YouTube channel, but then, I admit, he suckered me into unblocking him.  To add insult to injury, he figured out how to remove previous comments from his channel, and so removed an entire discussion that I had on his channel with him simply to make it seem as if we had not had that conversation.  Well.... Unfortunately for him, yours truly took some screen shots for posterity.  Click the image for a bigger version.

Image Hosting by Picoodle.com

Unfortunately, after being proved wrong on every point, ConcernedInquirer resorted to name calling, so I blocked him again from my YouTube channel.

So, if 'ConcernedInquirer' pops over to an Internet forum near you, be sure to ignore him.  He has a Troll rating of 10 out of 10.

No comments: